Re: Re: Problems to parametrize molecules

From: Evandro Semighini (epsemighini_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 19 2015 - 18:47:21 CDT

Hello Christopher,

Thank you !

Problem #1

Yes, I always uploaded mol2 files, I tried even to upload them converted
from diferent softwares to check if that was the problem, but it wasn't.
I am using VMD 1.9.2, as I began with NAMD this month. I prepare the files
at windows and send them to a linux server to run the simulations.

Thank you for the pgn file.

I did as you said and things gone the same way, it doesn't recognize the
UNK residue (that come like this as an output from the docking software).
So, I edited the molecule to put the residues, like is in the cgenff file
(a benzene ring, BENZ and so on), and psfgen finally runned with my
molecule.
But it misses the number of atoms. The original file has 64, the psf
produced have 17.
I edited then the chains, putting each residue as one chain, and the psf
gone to 73 atoms (I guess it's adding atoms where are the bonds linking the
residues).

I'm guessing I'll have to edit the cgenff file to remove one hydrogen from
this "residues" to make it work, right ?
I also considered doing two things:
- a parameter file only with this residues, for each molecule.
- a parameter file for each molecule with the whole molecule as one
residue, and use the paremeters from the "residues", got from the cgenff
paremeter file.

I also found the some mising parameters and generated a new .par file with
fftk now.

I'll look for TopoTools, thank you.

I guess that if this ideas work, the problema #2 will be solved too.

I just received an e-mail from ParamChem about updates and I hope this
updates solves my problem or any of this tests do.

Thanks again for the help.

Evandro