Re: slow heating of system

From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 19 2015 - 04:08:03 CDT

Hi Dhiraj,

1. Why do you “set temper $i” ? Simply use “$i” instead of “$tempr”.
2. Move “}” after “100" to a new line and see if the error goes away.
3. What is your “stepspercycle” value?
4. Try using “reassignFreq”, “reassignTemp”, “reassignIncr”, “reassignHold”
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.10/ug/node36.html#SECTION000104400000000000000 <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.10/ug/node36.html#SECTION000104400000000000000>
5. You are asking about the mistake, but you never mentioned the error message that NAMD provides you. It is often a useful message that explains mistakes. So, in case #2 doesn’t help - what message are you getting?

Maxim