Re: NetworkView plugin for the non-namd trajectories

From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Tue Apr 14 2015 - 10:13:47 CDT

Dear James,

We have a paper just about to be accepted in which we used it for
protein-nucleic acids interactions ...

You don't need covariance with another software. You can create a
surrogate PSF file (from a PDB or amber topology) and convert your AMBER
trajectory to DCD with VMD quite easily (writepsf and animate write
dcd). For the networkview plugin, the info related to force field
parameters in the PSF is not important because the analysis uses
correlations which are obtained from the coordinates ... You just need
the PSF as a match for the DCD.

Don't know which kind of system you are studying but our experience says
that at least in the case of protein-nucleic acids you should play a bit
with the node definition .. The results may depend quite a bit on this.

Hope this helps
Vlad