Re: Alchemical FEP calculations in Implicit Solvent

From: jostmey . (jostmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2015 - 14:45:13 CST

I dug through the source code of NAMD. NAMD blocks an alchemical FEP
calculation in implicit solvent to "ensure patch can
handle alpha_cutoff for gbis".

Is it safe to comment out that code, and then set all the cutoffs to
some ridiculously large number? I understand that I will take a
performance hit, but because my system is not that big it really won't
matter.

Much appreciated,
Jared

--