Re: Editing Patch Grid Dimensions

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2015 - 10:32:28 CST

If you have "margin" set to something, remove it, since the only role of
the margin parameter is to make the patches larger (and hence the number
of patches smaller.

You can use "twoAwayX yes" to double the patch grid in one dimension,
which is done automatically at some processor count based on heuristics.

Beyond that, if you are running on a cluster see if you can reduce your
node count slightly without losing performance based on the suggestions at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdPerformanceTuning

Jim