AW: is there a method equivalent to conformational flooding in NAMD 2.10

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2015 - 00:53:25 CST

Hi,

well you are likely caught in a deep minimum, which actually could be the global one aswell, doesn’t it? Either this would explain why nothing happens, or if you think there should be happening something, you’d like to put more energy into the system to actually allow conformational changes and crossing energy barriers. At which temperature did you run this 1µs? I think you could try to run a usual MD at a higher temperature, but not high enough to cause complete unfolding. Another option might be a REMD with lower Tmax to do the same.

Also, are you sure that your settings for the aMD were suitable? Maybe you can post them here along with some details about the size of the protein and so someone can share some opinions about it.

Norman Geist.