RE: setting up namd simulation in IBM Blue Gene/L

From: Santosh Kumar Chaudhary (skc_at_physics.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2014 - 00:09:48 CST

Hi,
Sorry, earlier i have not defined my problem clearly. Hope this will. I
have an octacore system, for running namd we just need to source namd2 and
the command: namd2 +p8 +idlepoll namd.conf> namd.out. In bluegene i am
submitting job as -
#!/bin/sh
# @ job_type = bluegene
# @ executable = /usr/bin/mpirun
# @ arguments = -exe /bgl/loadl/jobs/hello.rts -cwd /bgl/loadl/jobs -shell
ssh
# @ error = inp.err
# @ output = inp.out
# @ environment = COPY_ALL
# @ notification = always
# @ bg_size = 32
# @ class = pnode32-24h
# @ queue
/usr/bin/mpirun -cwd /gpfs/bglscratch/phyabsws/tk_run/ -mode SMP -np 32
/home/phd/09/phyabsws/namd-sunlnx/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64/namd2
/gpfs/bglscratch/phyabsws/tk_run/tk_nergy_min.conf

and getting error as

<Dec 18 11:48:35.071149> FE_MPI (ERROR): waitForBackendConnections() -
Timed out waiting for the backend to connect
<Dec 18 11:48:35.071472> FE_MPI (ERROR): Failed to get control and data
connections from service node
<Dec 18 11:48:50.066201> FE_MPI (ERROR): Failure list:
<Dec 18 11:48:50.066264> FE_MPI (ERROR): - 1. Failed to execute Back-End
mpirun on service node (failure #13)

This is the first time using supercomputer for namd simulation. Please
help me in solving this issue.

thanks and regards
santosh

--