Re: NAMD and usable FFs

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2014 - 13:05:27 CDT

Hi Francesco,
I use psfgen built into VMD, so any legal tcl commands would work. I
think glob and grep commands in tcl can be made to do what you want, but
I'd strongly advocate doing the grepping manually in a terminal, and
inspecting the residues that pop up to make sure you know what you are
getting (protonation states, missing linkers, etc). Spending an extra
(half?) hour of your time to look through the tree yourself will be time
well spent if it saves you from needing to redo all your simulations
because of a "clever" grep picked up something you didn't intend or is
missing some important terms.
-Josh