Re: Molecular Dynamics of Rigid Linear Molecules in NAMD.

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2014 - 13:06:06 CDT

No. Large harmonic restraints (i.e. large enough to mostly prevent a bond
from stretching) would cause *exactly* the same integration time step
issue as large bond force constants; to the integrator, there's no
difference. We just had this whole discussion less than a month ago;
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2013-2014/3241.html

The NAMD developers didn't react that time, and neither did they on an
earlier closely related thread, so I'm henceforward going to assume it is
not possible to define rigidBonds between heavy atoms, meaning you'll have
to use a different simulation software. If so, dear NAMD developers, I
myself have absolutely nothing to gain from it, but there does seem to
exist a certain demand for rigidBonds between heavy atoms...
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2013-2014/3072.html