AW: Reg: minimization

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2014 - 05:23:26 CDT

The minimization will likely only run into the next local minimum in total energy. Afterwards every move it tries will result in a higher energy, means there’s no move anymore which will improve the energy. Therefore the total energy will converge to a constant value. So if you plot the total energy from the namd log file, you can check if it converges or if it was still decreasing at the end of the minimization run.

Norman Geist.