RE: restraining bonds

From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 00:57:28 CDT

Yes – see http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.7/ug/node26.html#SECTION00084400000000000000. Also, look in VMD at the ssrestraints, chirality restrain and cispeptide restrain plugins. All of these generate extrabonds files for NAMD.

Alternatively, reading your question again I wonder if the RMSD colvar functionality (which will restrain a group of atoms to a set RMSD from a reference structure without preventing bulk movement) is what you’re looking for?