Re: [External] Boost value in aMD simulation

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2014 - 11:54:05 CDT

Thanks alot!

BTW I've tried to compare eigenvectors from each trajectory: for simlicity
I made 5 aMD identical 20-50ns calculations with double boost (each step ~
80 Kcal/mol have been added as the boost to dihedral) for my system
(restrained all atoms but not refined loops). In each case I only change
initial velocitiess for the system during the heating and varry
prolongation of the simulation (from 20 to 50 ns). Than I've made PCA of
each trajectory and compare eigenvectors (by the dot product ) with the
eigenvectors from the first (called it reference) longest trajectory. As
the result I 've obtained ~ 0.8 overlap in top 5 modes (with biggest
varience) . The only difference was in the shortest trajectory where only
5th (not 1 as in the rest cases) eigenvector had bigger overlap with 1st
eigenvector from reference trajectory ( in the rest cases the identical
pairs of the eigenvectors showed good correlation- in table it seems as the
linnear pattern of correlaiton).
 Does this indicate of good sampling and convergence in cases of all
trajectories (with the exeption of 2nd shortest trajectory)? How it could
be checked besides in terms of eigenvectors analysis? I really would like
to compare this with the cluster populations.

Thanks for suggestions,

James