Fwd: [External] Boost value in aMD simulation

From: Thomas Evangelidis (tevang3_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2014 - 05:24:17 CDT

On 19 August 2014 12:56, James Starlight <jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> I've noticed that in case of *long* loops the big uncertainly exist during
> its clustering using only rmsd criterium: for instance with the big cutoff
> (e.g 3.5-4 A)all

This is a big cutoff.

> conformations could be grouped in the few (up to 10) clusters with small
> numbers of structures not in one of the clusters (outliers?) but in this
> case representative structure from every cluster are not very differs from
> each others in conformations (because most of its part has not any 3D
> structure). BTW do you know any software

Do you mean secondary structure here?

> which could produce distribution patterns on the diagram grouping all
> clustered together (I'm using vmd cluster plugin where I could not find
> such representations)?

Like a dendrogram? I usually do this in R but using it's internal
clustering algorithms.

However, my impression is that you spend too much time in the preliminaries
of the project. The essence is the simulation with the ligands. So just
pick up one starting conformation and move forward. You may spend many
weeks trying different clustering schemes and still not find a solution
that satisfies you.

The right way is to reweight the clusters, but as I stated before