Re: Force field design

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 22:32:35 CDT

If you are familiar with the CHARMM program, a good resource is:

http://www.charmm-gui.org/

But for that, of course, you would need very good knowledge of the CHARMM
program (you might even have to even obtain a copy of it which is not
free).

Gianluca

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Abhishek TYAGI wrote:

> I want to run MD, but unfortunately I do not have the reasonable force field for this molecule.
>
> Now what I tried following approaches to get force field:
>
> 1. I tried CGenFF and got a *.str file but the data in the file is different from my input file i.e. mol2 file, the pdb format is different from the *.str file.
>
> 2. I tried to get force field from swissparam website and received the different file as *.par, *.top file, I tried MD on this field it runs successful, but the question is that is this correct approach?
>
> 3. I tried parameter tool available in VMD too I got some output from it too, but I am not able to connect all the information.
>
> Any guess what to do to get accurate force field parameter for the molecule

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Bioengineering