Re: How to apply a magnetic field with NAMD

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2014 - 10:08:11 CDT

The other things is that, unless there is a strong electric field as well,
the effects of any remotely realistic isotropic magnetic field on the
microscopic dynamics of the system are negligible. That is, neglecting
interactions between the field and the electronic structure, which
Molecular Mechanics cannot capture those no matter what.