Re: New partial charges after patching

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2014 - 10:23:02 CDT

The answer to that question has not changed since last time you asked it.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2013-2014/2591.html
The recommendation is still to use standard CHARMM amide atom types and
charges. Among other places, the charges can be found in RESI NMA in
stream/toppar_all36_prot_model.str . When removing a nonpolar hydrogen to
free up a valence for the purpose of creating a bond to another nonpolar
group, we sum the charge of the hydrogen into the parent atom, as
documented at many places. Be careful when doing that, because in many
instances, atom types change when removing hydrogens.