Re: NAMD_2.9_Linux-x86_64-multicore-CUDA Segfaults

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2014 - 03:13:56 CDT

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Norman Geist <
norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de> wrote:

> Segfaults usually indicate either or programming error or incompatible
> binaries or libraries.

​but those would happen instantly. not after several hours. that is more
likely caused by memory corruption, e.g. through bit flips in overheated
memory modules or overheated CPUs or GPUs. the described symptoms are more
similar to those observed by aggressive overclocking.

axel. ​