Scaling solvent-solute intermolecular interactions

From: Michael Bellucci (bellucci_at_mit.edu)
Date: Tue May 13 2014 - 13:34:13 CDT

Dear NAMD users,

I would like to know if there is a way to scale down solvent-solute intermolecular interactions while leaving the solute-solute and solvent-solvent intermolecular interactions the same? The closest thing I could find in the NAMD manual was the nonbonded scaling keyword, but this would scale down all intermolecular interactions. I also saw that NAMD is now capable of using tabulated potentials for specific pairwise interactions, but this seems to only be applicable to the VDW intermolecular interaction and not the coulomb interaction. Is there anyway to scale down solvent-solute intermolecular interactions without modifying the source code? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Mike