Re: Constraint failure in RATTLE

From: Massimiliano Porrini (mozz76_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 11:48:38 CDT

On 31 March 2014 07:43, Norman Geist <norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de> wrote:

> Just as a additional hint, memory errors can cause such a behavior.
> Especially broken GPUs. So you might have a look on specific nodes being
> present while the error occurs and not being present if the error is absent.

Good point and actually I had already considered this explanation, but then
I gave a try
with pmemd.cuda.MPI of Amber12 and it worked very smoothly for "rather
long" runs:
25,000,000 steps with no interruption (time-step = 2 fs).

By the way, given that CUDA-enabled versions of NAMD and AMBER work
differently
one from another, I am not that technologically expert to claim that my
GPUs are not broken...
Nevertheless, one code gives problems while the other one does not.

Thanks,
Max

> Norman Geist.

Cheers,