Re: VDW energy: positive or negative?

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 19:14:15 CST

I cannot read the mind of the author of that statement, but my best guess
is that he or she meant to say that for many water models, the balance
between the electrostatic and the vdW components is such that you'll be
situated slightly up the wall when considering the interaction between
water molecules.