Re: tools for Charmm

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2014 - 13:05:13 CST

Yes, CHARMM-GUI does use our CGenFF program in the back-end when it
encounters non-biomolecules. So it does parameter assignment. Though some
people use different terminology, we define parameterization := (parameter
assignment + optimization). CHARMM-GUI does not do optimization.

As an aside, CHARMM-GUI also has a unique and powerful function to
generate carbohydrate structures: Glycan Reader (but that one doesn't
generate parameters in the process).