Re: MD simulation Patch grid errors

From: Jiann George Pazhamalil (jgpaz1_at_student.monash.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2014 - 21:37:41 CST

Hi,

Thank you for your responses,

The POPC membrane was made through charmmgui and then converted accordingly
to work in the lipid11 amber force field. I am attempting to reduce the
number of steps in the NAMD simulation and seeing if that would alter the
patch grid problem. From the logout files it is visible that the system is
shrinking at a high rate.

I thought this could be due to the surfacetenstiontarget parameter as there
are discrepancies between the units used in amber and namd. In the lipid11
Amber the units were dyn/Angstrom (the value I found and am using) and namd
specifies it as dyn/cm but converting 17 to 17000000 doesn't seem right.
>From the other mailing lists everyone seems to use a value closer to 20. Is
this parameter applying pressure from outside or from within the system?

I was hoping if anyone has encountered such a simulation would explain how
they went about it?

Thanks in advance,
Jiann