MD simulation Patch grid errors

From: Jiann George Pazhamalil (jgpaz1_at_student.monash.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 17:33:06 CST

Dear NAMD users,

I am a student and extremely new at this process and I am trying to run a
protein and membrane simulation where I am receiving the error "FATAL
ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!" I am
aware that this is a common problem and I have been looking at the archives
however increasing the margin or restarting the run is not helpful and I am
still receiving this error and with a membrane, I can't switch off
flexiblecell. Energy minimization and equilibration is running fine but the
problem is with the MD run which is unique from the previous problems seen
on the list. I am a little unsure about the surfaceTensionTarget value I am
using. I have a POPC bilayer and I'm using 17 dyn/cm, could that possibly
be the reason of the error?

Regards,
Jiann