Re: colvars angle centerReference

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 08:41:06 CST

Oops, I understood that the change was made the previous day. But
thanks! centerReference now works as I would expect.

By the way, the reason why I am using centerReference on an angle is
that is it is part of a solution originally suggested by Jérôme to
implement the angle between two atomic groups and a fixed axis. For
example, this is the angle that a vector from group2 to group1 makes
with the z-axis:

angle {
      oneSiteSystemForce
      group1 {
         atomNumbersRange 1-21
         centerReference on
         refPositionsGroup { atomNumbersRange 44-68 }
         refPositions (0,0,0)
      }
      group2 {
         atomNumbersRange 44-68
         centerReference on
         refPositions (0,0,0)
      }
      group3 {
         dummyAtom (0,0,1)
      }
   }

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311