AW: anisotropic pressure control

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2014 - 05:04:20 CST

No. Fluctuation == changing box size in Z == NPT == Pressure
If fluctuation only happen in Z this means the pressure target is also only applied to Z.

> In the papers that I read on anisotropic pressure control, it's
> explicitly said that the Pzz(target), the Langevin piston target for
> Pzz, is linearly increased/decreased. So I've been wondering, where is
> this Pzz(target) in the NAMD config...

As already meantioned, when using useconstantarea:

Langevinpistontarget == Pzz

The parameter langevinpiston target is also scriptable so what you would want is something like:

Useflexiblecell yes
Useconstantarea yes
set Pstart 1
set Pend = 100
set Pstep = 1
for {set P 0} {$P < $Pend} {incr P $Pstep} {
        langevinpistontarget $P
        run 1000000
}