Re: how to fix the problem

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2014 - 20:02:09 CST

Hi LQZ,

If you don't like where the pbc join put the protein, just shift it
where you would like it by a cell basis vector (using $sel move
$vector). Shifting by a cell basis vector or any linear combination of
cell basis vectors with integer coefficients doesn't change the system
physically.

Forgive me if you already understand this, but I should point out that
various pbctools commands only change how the system looks and don't
change it in any physically meaningful way. In general, how you wrap
your structure doesn't matter to NAMD. For example, even if VMD makes
it look like a bond crosses almost the entire system except for 2
angstroms, NAMD considers only the minimum distance between two
periodic images, which is just 2 angstroms apart.

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311