Re: Dioxygen atom type with CHARMM36

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2014 - 01:17:44 CST

> oxygen is mostly bound to transporters,

Actually, when not remaining bound to humans, there are more oxidases and
oxigenases than dioxygen transporters. And such proteins as cytoglobin and
the marine vs terrestrial neuroglobins perform still unclear roles with
respect to dioxygen. From this viewpoint (although I admit that the
reactions carried out by oxigenases and oxidaes are not covered by
classical MD) an accurate parameterization of aerial dioxygen would be
welcome. However, I understand your point, if the request is low, first
deal with more popular requests.

go uniquely with experimental data {as to O2 params}

is a conclusion from the developer side to be taken seriously. I am not
familiar with GROMACS (although I have compiled it with free ORCA for
QM-MM) but, for the little I know about, params are there strongly bound to
experiments. I have to look there about dioxygen.

Again thank you very much and apologies (if due) for bringing the
discussion to side arguments with respect to the origin of this thread.

francesco pietra