Re: VRPN compilation error

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2014 - 08:54:12 CDT

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM, George Patargias <gpat_at_bioacademy.gr> wrote:
> Hello Axel,
>
> I am trying to compile VRPN (version 7.31) on my Linux desktop following
> the instructions found here:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/vrpn-icms/compilation
>
> I've installed libusb , boost and libnifalcon and configured VRPN with
> ccmake. However when I do make and after a while I get the error
>
> /home/george/vrpn/vrpn_Tracker_NovintFalcon.C:18:27: fatal error:
> boost/array.hpp: No such file or directory
>
> I have defined
>
> export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/george/boost_1_56_0/boost
>
> where the array.hpp is located but to no avail.

i am not a cmake expert and haven't compiled VRPN in *years*. however,
what you did, doesn't make sense. see the error message. it wants
boost/array.hpp, not array.hpp. so at the very least, you have to cut
the trailing /boost from the export.

> Do you have any idea what to do?

if there are problems beyond that, you might get more help from the VRPN folks.

axel.