Re: efficient way to apply time-dependent electric field

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 11:18:00 CDT

Sorry about the missing docs. From ComputeEField.C:

void ComputeEField::doForce(FullAtom* p, Results* r) {

   SimParameters *simParams = Node::Object()->simParameters;
   Vector eField = simParams->eField;
   // Calculate the angular frequency in 1/fs.
   BigReal omega = TWOPI * simParams->eFieldFreq / 1000.;
   BigReal phi = PI/180.* simParams->eFieldPhase;
   BigReal t = patch->flags.step * simParams->dt;
   Vector eField1 = cos(omega * t - phi) * eField;

You could easily modify this code to apply whatever time-dependent field
you want. If you have a slowly-varying field you can change eField
between run commands.

Jim