Re: [External] Boost value in aMD simulation

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2014 - 13:45:58 CDT

Thanks for suggestions!

Regarding simulation with the ligand: does the idea to perform clustering
of the receptor's regions (loop) being interacting with different ligands
seems good (e.g to compare results of apo-holo simulation to detect some
shared clusters between bpoth systems)?

Regarding cut-off: when I reduced it to 1-2 A I still obtain 6-7 clusters
but most of the conformers were as the outliers (not in any of these
clusters).

Regarding dendrograms: for me better to find some python package for such
task :-) I'll try to check for it! Might the g_cluster be also usefull
within my taks besides of obtaining representative structures from each
clusters?

James

> On 19 August 2014 12:56, James Starlight <jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thomas,
>>
>> I've noticed that in case of *long* loops the big uncertainly exist
>> during its clustering using only rmsd criterium: for instance with the big
>> cutoff (e.g 3.5-4 A)all
>>

> This is a big cutoff.
>

>> conformations could be grouped in the few (up to 10) clusters with small
>> numbers of structures not in one of the clusters (outliers?) but in this
>> case representative structure from every cluster are not very differs from
>> each others in conformations (because most of its part has not any 3D
>> structure). BTW do you know any software
>>

> Do you mean secondary structure here?
>

>> which could produce distribution patterns on the diagram grouping all
>> clustered together (I'm using vmd cluster plugin where I could not find
>> such representations)?
>>

> Like a dendrogram? I usually do this in R but using it's internal
> clustering algorithms.
>

> However, my impression is that you spend too much time in the
> preliminaries of the project. The essence is the simulation with the
> ligands. So just pick up one starting conformation and move forward. You
> may spend many weeks trying different clustering schemes and still not find
> a solution that satisfies you.

> The right way is to reweight the clusters, but as I stated before
>> reweighting aMD is not accurate for such big systems. If the number of
>> frames is not too big and you can do clustering, just go for that solution
>> which is simpler.
>>

>> On 18 August 2014 11:25, James Starlight <jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Some additional question about to test convergence of my trajectories in
>>> case of loop refirement:
>>>
>>> e.g I have 10 trajectories calculated for the same system initiated from
>>> different started velocities and with slightly different aMD boost values.
>>> What might be better:
>>>
>>> 1) Merge all trajectories into 1 big trajectory and perform i) cluster
>>> analysis to determine shared clusters in the selected refined (loop)
>>> region= > test onto the structural convergence ii) PCA of this big
>>> trajectory => determine shared modes of the collective motions seen in all