Re: Reg: deciding cell basis vector

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2014 - 12:39:39 CDT

Hi Akshay,

If you follow a reasonable strategy for choosing the basis vectors (like
just measuring the box dimensions in VMD) and then do say ~1 ns of
simulation with pressure control, you will almost certainly get something
that is appropriate. Generally the simulation will not crash unless you
make a very bad initial choice on the cell basis vectors.

For the PME, you can just set the PMEGridSize (I think that is the name of
the parameter) to 1.0 or 0.9 (those are reasonable values) and NAMD will
handle automatically setting the grid dimensions to be something
appropriate, so you needn't worry about optimizing things for factoring.

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student