Re: Force field design

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2014 - 10:47:12 CDT

Dear Abhishek,

This list is full of very knowledgeable people who are very good at
resolving people's errors, but even the greatest guru cannot help you if
you don't tell them what exactly your problem is.

Since I get the impression you're relatively new to this, allow me to link
you to CHARMM's "parameter set discussion" forum guide lines:
http://www.charmm.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=29297
I'm NOT suggesting you ask your question there. The CHARMM forums are for
CHARMM problems and the regulars don't like it if you post VMD/NAMD
problems. For NAMD, this mailinglist it the correct support channel.
Rather, the reason I'm giving you this link is that most of the good
practices it outlines are valid in *any* technical community, including
this list. In a nutshell, you are advised to search the web, consult the
valid resources (tutorials, FAQs...), experiment a bit yourself and
consult your advisor/mentor/senior postdoc before asking a question. Then,
if you must ask a question, take plenty of time formulating it, thinking
of it from the point of view of the expert trying to answer it. Make it
concise but include all relevant information.

Good luck,

        Kenno.