Re: calculating free energy

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2014 - 15:53:02 CDT

it might help to provide what the dG actually is, it's quite subjective to
say "not reasonable", is it double expected, ten-fold what is expected?

If you choose the whole system as the receptor, you are calculating the
energy of solvating the peptide into your system out of a vacuum, that will
obviously be a lot higher than the dG of just binding to the nanotube.

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student