Re: IMPROPER PARAMETERS FOR CA CA CA CA

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 26 2014 - 16:47:44 CDT

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Kenno Vanommeslaeghe <
kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu> wrote:

> If, as you write, you're using Momany and Rone's CHARMm (small m) force
> field that is commercially distributed by Accelrys, then they are probably
> the only people who can help you.
>
> If you use the academic CHARMM (big M) force field (which is completely
> different), the improper dihedrals must have been generated by mistake.
>

> CHARMM doesn't have/require impropers on aromatic carbons because the
> out-of-plane potential is described correctly by the angle and (proper)
> dihedral terms alone.

​FYI, ​

​the carbon nanotstructure build​er is force field agnostic. it is up to
the user to define atom style and request whether bonds, angles, dihedrals
and impropers should be generated. the default setting is to generate all
of them.

axel.​