AW: How to extract the .coor, .vel and .xsc files for a conformation in the middle of trajectory

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2014 - 02:21:20 CDT

If you do not have a veldcd or dcdfreq 1-4fs, this is not possible, as you
can't reliably reconstruct velocities from coordinate frames. But you can
just extract coordinates and box size and re-equilibrate the system.

In VMD get frame 40000 as pdb:

set a [atomselect top all]

$a frame 40000

$a writepdb restart.pdb

Box size can be accessed with the pbc tools:

animate goto 40000

pbc get

Norman Geist.