Re: MMPBSA Energy Calculations using VMD (Post-Processing)

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2014 - 04:23:01 CDT

And some additional questions:

1 ) In MMPBSA.py manual I've found that for this script four topology files
should be provided besides the input file:
-sp solvated_prmtop \ -cp complex_prmtop \ -rp receptor_prmtop \ -lp
ligand_prmtop
should this files be taken from the param files provided in the namd files
as you can see below or alternatively obtained from the resulted psf ?

parameters ../parameters/par_all27_prot_lipid.inp
parameters ../parameters/ligand.prm
parameters ../parameters/water_ions.prm

2) What difference in resulted dG should be expected between calculations
in (PB) or (GB) regimes assuming that I'll try to estimate free energy of
the binding hydrophobic ligands (contribution from the polar interactions
of only up to 30%) to the membrane receptors ?

James