AW: Constraint failure in RATTLE

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2014 - 00:11:28 CDT

Did you check the main memory, too?

Norman Geist.

Von: owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu [mailto:owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu] Im Auftrag
von Massimiliano Porrini
Gesendet: Montag, 31. März 2014 18:49
An: Norman Geist
Cc: Namd Mailing List
Betreff: Re: namd-l: Constraint failure in RATTLE

On 31 March 2014 07:43, Norman Geist <norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de> wrote:

Just as a additional hint, memory errors can cause such a behavior.
Especially broken GPUs. So you might have a look on specific nodes being
present while the error occurs and not being present if the error is absent.

Good point and actually I had already considered this explanation, but then
I gave a try
with pmemd.cuda.MPI of Amber12 and it worked very smoothly for "rather long"
runs:
25,000,000 steps with no interruption (time-step = 2 fs).

By the way, given that CUDA-enabled versions of NAMD and AMBER work
differently

one from another, I am not that technologically expert to claim that my GPUs
are not broken...
Nevertheless, one code gives problems while the other one does not.

Thanks,
Max

Norman Geist.

Cheers,