Re: remd across gpus

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 02:41:24 CDT

>From what you say, I can only conclude that we failed to set the correct
flags on that IBM cluster (which is largely unbalances as to the GPU/CPU
ratio).

Could you please reveal details on the hardware / flags / size of the
system that might help me to find the correct conditions on the IBM
iDataPlex DX360M3? In particular, for a T-REMD on a peptide of ca 500
atoms under GB conditions, do GPUs really help? Or are you carrying out
T-REMD in a water peridic box, where, because of the much larger size of
the system, certainly GPUs could help?

thanks
francesco pietra