AW: charm++ MPI build errors on LSF Cluster: "Can not compile a MPI program"

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2013 - 02:05:24 CST

Hi Frank,

just for my interest, is there a special reason why you want a MPI instead
of a simpler charm++ or precompiled build, this would save you from the
trouble actually? If you really need a own MPI build of NAMD you should 1st
make sure that your MPI installation is working at all. Please notice that
"mpicc" and "mpic++" etc. are only wrappers that will call the original
compiler used to build the mpi with the required libs and flags to compile a
mpi using code. Therefore the compilers under this wrappers need to work,
too. But it's not guaranteed from my understanding that every MPI will
implement fine into charm++. Therefore I suggest trying another, more common
MPI distribution, OpenMPI is known to work fine. From the log I can't see an
obvious error regarding user input or usage, indicating some level of
incompatibility of your MPI with charm++.

Norman Geist.

---