Re: Accelerated MD in NAMD

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2013 - 06:48:45 CST

Thomas,

thanks for suggestions!

1) I also would rise question about precise values of the <Udihe>. As a
test I decide to simulate the same b2a receptor in the 120 lipids bilayer
in cMD (npt conditions, 2ps damping, 310K. all parameters have been taken
from charm-gui). After short simulation I've obtained total <Udihe>=10000
Kcal/mol (2000 for protein and 8000 for lipids).
So my boost should be based onto the E=10000+4*(340+120) <! here I'm not
sure how include lipids so I include just number of lipids > ~ 12000 and
alpha should be ~ 400-500.
 In comparison In Tikhonova paper I found the same values of <Udihe> ~ 1300
kcal/mol for protein and 900 (!) for lipids. Does it meas that my system in
need not for the boost potential at all ? :)

2) About projection. In my example I have 80% variance along 1 PC (here all
structures have been grouped on R and R*) and 20% along other 10 modes
(total 10 x-ray structures= 10 modes). On other hand on MD trajectory I
have only 40% variance of 1 PC ( I didnt notice large-scale conformation
changes on this mode corresponded to the R-> R* transition). Ther fore I
should to project MD ensemble onto PC calculated for the X-ray dataset,
shouldnt it? :)

James