Re: Accelerated MD in NAMD

From: Thomas Evangelidis (tevang3_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2013 - 15:21:52 CST

@James

1) Be cautious about the boost you apply, lipid bilayers are labile
systems. Have a look at this paper for possible caveats and the effect of
different threshold and alpha values:

As the authors state at the end, selective aMD is ideal for
protein-membrane systems, however, it is not supported by NAMD. It will be
though available in the next AMBER release.

@Jeff

A bit off-topic question: is it possible to calculate frequencies of
properties like H-bonds from aMD trajectories by means of a reweighting
procedure?

Thomas Evangelidis
PhD student
University of Athens