Re: Two GPU-based workstation

From: Shubhra Ghosh Dastidar (sgducd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2013 - 01:53:16 CDT

In our machines (with two GPus) we noticed that one NAMD job can use one
one GPU at a time. If there are are two GPUs then it can use GPU-1 for
sometime and later it can use GPU-2 and can wsitch betwene two randomly,
unless you specify which GPU is to be used. So you can run Two NAMD jobs in
two GPUs in the same workstation.

Shubhra Ghosh Dastidar

Dr. Shubhra Ghosh Dastidar
Assistant Professor
Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
Bose Institute
P-1/12 C.I.T. Scheme VII-M, Kolkata 700 054, India
Phone: +91-33-23554766, Ext. 332, Fax: +91-33-2355 3886
Web: http://www.boseinst.ernet.in/bic/fac/shubhra/