AW: vmd-l: fftk-charges

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2013 - 01:23:48 CDT

Hi,

I don't know if this is different in the charmm ff, but usually the partial
charges are specific for compounds, or better called residues and not for
atom types. Therefore one would usually compute the partial charges for a
new residue from scratch for the whole molecule. I might be wrong here, but
the partial charges depend a lot or almost only on the chemical environment.
Means taking the charges from different molecules having a different
chemical environment , is IMHO wrong.

Norman Geist.