Re: question about setting up FEP calculations

From: Shyno Mathew (sm3334_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2013 - 11:44:41 CDT

Thanks again Jerome. I did try time steps 0.5, 0.25 still the same error
persists.
Please bear with me as I explain what I did:

1. Changed time step to 0.5
Reason: FATAL ERROR: Low global exclusion count! System unstable or
pairlistdist or cutoff too small.
FATAL ERROR: See http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/bugreport.html
Charm++ fatal error:
FATAL ERROR: Low global exclusion count! System unstable or pairlistdist
or cutoff too small.
FATAL ERROR: See http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/bugreport.html

2. So I changed the pairlistdist, cutoff as follows:
time step =0.5, margin =3
switchdist 15.0
cutoff 16.0
pairlistdist 17.5
Reason: FATAL ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch
grid!
Possible solutions are to restart from a recent checkpoint,
increase margin, or disable useFlexibleCell for liquid simulation.

3. increased margin upto 6, not sure if this makes sense
Then I increased margin, but still there is an error
Charm++ fatal error:
FATAL ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!
Possible solutions are to restart from a recent checkpoint,
increase margin, or disable useFlexibleCell for liquid simulation.

4. Description of the system: Disappearing atom is Hydrogen attached to a
carbon atom. Then a methyl group (connected to the previous carbon atom )
appears. In the initial file where I have all the appearing and
disappearing atoms, the appearing atoms (methyl group) apppears to be very
far from the carbon atom it is connected. I am thinking of minimizing this
initial set up first and then submitting the FEP calculation?

thanks,
Shyno