Re: How I can to change the force field function in NAMD for protein phi-value analysis

From: Felipe Merino (felipe.merino_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2013 - 09:15:48 CDT

Hi,

It can also be applied as a linear combination of collective variables
with PLUMED. I think you can force a residue phi value as by restraining
the fraction of native contacts you desire with a harmonic potential
(contact map is a collective variable there). If you sum each restraint
to multiplied by 1/N then you get more or less the same approach as in
the paper. You can further steer the system to 0 mean square difference
using a ratchet (a moving wall) was as in the paper as well.

The only issue is that you cannot redefine the value for the ratchet on
the basis of the trajectory of the system (eq 6 in the paper) but that
should be minor.

Best

Felipe