Re: bilayer creation

From: Richard Wood (rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2013 - 14:58:39 CDT

I have built a small system in VMD.  Where do i find this replicatemol command? ________________________________ From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> To: Richard Wood <rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com> Cc: NAMD list <namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu> Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 2:15 PM Subject: Re: namd-l: bilayer creation On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Richard Wood <rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I apologize in advance if I am asking this in the wrong place, but I've > looked elsewhere. > > I'm trying to build a bilayer of phospholipids and I need to know what is > the biggest bilayer that I can build.  I've found that I can build about a > 50 by 50 lipid leaf in VMD; I'm wondering if there is somewhere that I can > build something larger than that.  I'd also prefer to use a lipid like DMPC > and not POPC. > > I'd appreciate either answers to these questions or a pointer to where I can > find answers. build a small system with whatever tool you like or pick a properly pre-equilibrated system, make sure you have the proper system dimensions and replicate it as many times as you like. in VMD this can for example be done with the Topotools::replicatemol command. axel. > > Richard Wood > Purdue University Calumet -- Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0 International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste. Italy.