Re: charm-gui membrane builder

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2013 - 11:44:04 CDT

It seems that problem was not in cholesterol

E.g I've tried to equilibration this simplest system

http://www.charmm-gui.org/?doc=input/membrane_only&time=1378628752

and after long minimization I've obtained error

WRITING EXTENDED SYSTEM TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 30000
WRITING COORDINATES TO DCD FILE AT STEP 30000
WRITING COORDINATES TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 30000
FINISHED WRITING RESTART COORDINATES
WRITING VELOCITIES TO RESTART FILE AT STEP 30000
FINISHED WRITING RESTART VELOCITIES
TCL: Setting parameter numsteps to 90000000
TCL: Original numsteps 90000000 will be ignored.
TCL: Running for 25000 steps
REASSIGNING VELOCITIES AT STEP 30000 TO 310 KELVIN.
colvars: Writing the state file
"step6.1_equilibration.restart.colvars.state".
colvars: Synchronizing (emptying the buffer of) trajectory file
"step6.1_equilibration.colvars.traj".
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 14039!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 8959!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 66!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 15321!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 13670!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 9380!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 5019!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 11279!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 7260!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 18406!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Exiting prematurely; see error messages above.

I'm not sure if it possible to run simulation purely with the CPU (turned
off GPU) on my machine
Typically I run simulation with GPU by means of
namd2 +idlepoll +p4 +devices 0 ./step6.2_equilibration.inp

May be some extra parameters should be provided in the conf file when I
simulate with GPU? E.g I suppose that some addition should be added to the
PBC as well as PME options.

James