Re: Nvidia GPUs

From: Thomas C. Bishop (bishop_at_latech.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2013 - 14:22:10 CDT

Thomas

There's a generic cuda comparison of GTX cards at
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-review-gk104,3542-19.html
(different tom than me) that may be helpful.
wikipedia is also rather extensive

The earlier post from today is instructive w/r/to cost
"Re: namd-l: All CUDA devices are in prohibited mode, of compute capability 1.0, or otherwise unusable."

As for me. I use desktop GTX cuda for development,testing and analysis but server cards (purchased and maintained by server admins ) for production runs.

Tom