Re: All CUDA devices are in prohibited mode, of compute capability 1.0, or otherwise unusable.

From: Paul Rigor (paul.rigor_at_uci.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2013 - 11:15:40 CDT

The command for setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH depends on how you want that
environment variable to persist. If you want it to persist for the lifetime
of your shell session, issue the export but ensure that you include
(prepend or append) the existing values of LD_LIBRARY_PATH

eg, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/cuda/libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On the other hand, if you want to set the path for just the lifetime of the
namd process, just prepend the namd command as such

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/cuda/libs /your/command/as/usual

Cheers,
Paul

On Thursday, August 15, 2013, Norman Geist wrote:

> The Ti has about 30% better performance, similar factor for the pricing.
> Same for the 700 series models. The pricing almost scales perfectly with
> the performance, except of the faster memory in the newer series. So at
> least it doesn’t really matter.****
>
> ** **
>
> Norman Geist.****
>
> ** **

Paul Rigor
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~prigor
"What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of
questioning" ~ Werner Karl Heisenberg