Re: Center of mass motion included in Temperature?

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2013 - 15:24:56 CDT

Thanks for answering, Kenno.

Still, there are things in typical NAMD usage that violate momentum conservation (slightly), and that is not great, but probably not horribly wrong, depending on what you purpose is. They are the stochastic forces in the Langevin thermostat, and numerical inaccuracy in the PME force calculation. Anyway, that problem is nowhere near a flying-ice-cube level.

The zeroMomentum option should be helpful.

Cheers,
Jerome